Recipe: Candied Rose Petals
from Euell Gibbons:
- Gather petals, cutting white off the bottom
- Mix 1 egg white with 1 tbs water
- Dip each petal in the above mixture
- Place each petal convex side up on a paper towel to drain a bit
- While still damp sprinkle both side with sugar
- Place petals on waxed paper for about 12 hours
- Store in a covered container and will keep for about a month
There are many uses for these beautiful, edible petals: as a garnish to a dessert, as an after dinner treat. These candied petals can be a sweetener for tea and the petal can be eye pleasing and edible. And, according to an old herbalist, Culpeper, rose petal tea can be a digestive aid too.
CAUTION: DO NOT USE ROSE PETALS FOR CONSUMPTION IF YOU SPRAY WITH CHEMICAL INSECTICIDES.
Enjoy your day. Judith